ARTICLE I – Name
- 1.1. This chapter of the Oregon School Employees Association shall be known as West Linn/Wilsonville Chapter 102.
ARTICLE II – Purpose
- 2.1. The purpose of this chapter shall be to promote the betterment of employment relations with regard to the employees in the bargaining unit as formed; to represent these employees in grievances and other matters of interest that shall have a relationship to their employment with the district; to promote an understanding and cooperative relationship with the administration of the district; to promote the economic and social welfare of the Classified School Employees of the district; and to assist the state OSEA staff in legislative efforts.
- 2.2. If OSEA no longer meets the purpose and objectives of the membership, the membership has the right under OAR 115-025 to seek out new representation.
ARTICLE III – Membership
- 3.1. Any employee of the school district whose job does not require a certificate to teach is eligible for active membership in this chapter. This excludes administrative, supervisory, confidential, substitute, temporary, special project, student, and seasonal employees.
- 3.2. All members current in their dues or fair share fees shall be considered active members.
- 3.3. Active members shall have the right to vote, and hold elected or appointed office. Fair share fee payers may only vote on the contract.
ARTICLE IV – Dues / Fair Share Fees
- 4.1. The State OSEA dues shall be paid by payroll deduction at the amount prescribed by the delegates at the State OSEA annual conference.
- 4.2. The local dues/fair share fees of this chapter shall be paid by payroll deduction at the amount determined by the membership.
ARTICLE V – Officers
- 5.1. The elected officers of this chapter shall be a President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. The officers’ term of office shall be for one year (12 months).
- 5.2. Officers shall be elected by the membership.
ARTICLE VI – Executive Committee
- 6.1. The elected officers of the chapter shall serve as the Executive Committee for their term of office.
- 6.2. The function of the Executive Committee shall be to conduct business of the Chapter and provide recommendations to the general membership at regular Chapter meetings. This committee shall have the authority to function for the members in the Chapter business, provided that such action is brought before the general membership following such action.
- 6.3. The Executive Committee shall meet at the privilege of the President of the Chapter.
- 6.4. The Chapter President shall serve as the chairman of the committee.
- 6.5. The Executive Committee may call on the past President as an advisor.
ARTICLE VII – Meetings
- 7.1. Meetings shall be held regularly to conduct the business of the local chapter.
ARTICLE VIII – Amendments and Authority
- 8.1. All motions to amend the constitution shall be provided in writing to the membership thirty (30) days prior to a duly called meeting where the amendment shall be presented.
- 8.2. Amendments shall be adopted by a 2⁄3 vote of the membership.
- 8.3. The Elections Committee shall conduct the vote.
- 8.4. The authority of procedure shall be Robert’s Rules of Order, Revised, where specific conditions are not provided within this Constitution.
Adopted May 21, 2016